Are you visiting or moving to California soon? There are a lot of things that are known about California but people who are just visiting or are planning to move to California may not know all of the laws that will make them good citizens of the state.
Depending from where you are moving, it is important that you pick the right moving company to help you move from the place. There are different moving companies available but there are only a few that can be trusted. You may want to pick http://www.augustamovers.ca/ for all of your moving needs. If you choose not to hire a moving company, the move may be more tedious for you.
Here are some of the laws that you ought to know before you move to California.
- You are not allowed to use your cellphone when you are driving. If you truly need to talk to someone, you may use the hands-free mode of your phone. You may use your phone in order to check your map if you are lost but that is it.
- The alcohol concentration is at 0.08%. This is the same with other states but the main difference is that there are some penalties that are different from all the others.
- If in case people decide to divorce in California and they do not have any form of written agreement prior to getting a divorce, the ex-couple will get 50% of their properties.
- If you are planning to create a last will and testament, make sure that you will make it in written form. Even if you have voiced out your desires about how you want your company to be divided when you pass on orally, this will not be considered valid. Make sure that you will settle this. If you need to make some changes with your will, consult your trusted lawyer about it immediately.
- There was a time when minimum wage workers will not get any pay when they are sick but the law has been passed that even minimum wage earners are entitled to 3 sick leaves every year and these sick leaves are paid. If you are a minimum wage worker, this is going to be beneficial for you.
- There are a lot of teenagers who feel that they can feel more free when they are in California but the legal adult age here is still 18 which is the same with the other states.
- It will be easier for you to know from where a person is from based on the area codes. For example, you may meet someone in Southern California who will tell you that he is from a certain area code. If you are a true Californian, you will know exactly where he is talking about. If you are interested, you may give him your area code too so he will know where you are from.
All states have different laws that will make them unique. Get to know what the laws are before you go to California so you will be prepared.